The statutes of the Association for Natural Medicine in Europe e.V.
Modification: October 10th, 2012
§ 1 Objective
1. The Association for Natural Medicine in Europe e.V. is a coalition of organizations, manufacturers, foundations, professionals of health prevention and individuals in Europe who are active in the areas of naturopathy, traditional medicine, complementary and alternative medicine as well as in salutogenesis – health promotion for human beings and animals. The mentioned units have been groped under the acronym “CAM”.
2. It is used for coordination and common safeguarding of interests of CAM in the European and national policy.
§ 2 Name, Seat, Legal Status
1. The association uses the name Association for Natural Medicine in Europe – ANME
2. ANME has its seat in Schöneck, Germany.
3. The working languages of the ANME are German and English.
4. The one and only purpose of the association is the pursuit of non-profit-aims as defined in § 51 Abgabenordnung (German Tax Code). This is especially achieved by:
- the promotion and protection of the CAM for the common good
- promoting autonomous holistic health care of the population in the countries of origin of the members
- the collection, the increment and deepening of knowledge and experience in CAM
5. ANME acts selflessly and only pursues idealistic and non-profit goals. As a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) and Non-Profit Organization she pursues exclusively non-material goals
6. ANME may use its means solely for purposes in accordance with the terms of the statutes.
7. Members of ANME have no share of any profits or other allocations in connection with their membership from ANME’s funds
8. No person or legal entity may benefit from expenses alien to the purposes of ANME or from disproportionate remuneration.
§ 3 Tasks
1. Within its objectives, ANME pursues the following central tasks:
- promote, preserve and gain recognition of CAM in Europe,
- encourage the cooperation of the member organisations and interested parties
- promotion of education and further training at European level
- promotion of CAM research in Europe
- promotion of salutogenesis in Europe
- The granting of the ANME-award will be made to persons who have made an exceptional manner earned the CAM. The price has been doted with 500,- Euro and is awarded on special occasions.
2. As long as its non-profit orientation as stated in § 2 is not endangered, ANME may, within its objectives, assume further tasks.
§ 4 Membership
1. Membership in ANME is open solely to organisations, foundations, manufacturers and individuals of the area of CAM that
- are domiciled in a member state of the Council of Europe by the laws of their home country can be subject of rights and duties.
- The awarding of the ANME-award will be made to persons who have made an exceptional manner earned the CAM. The price has been doted with 500,- Euro and is awarded on special occasions.
2. Persons and organizations that promote CAM may obtain membership by resolution of the Executive Board.
3. There is no right to membership.
4. With his accession the member agrees that in connection with membership required personal data, taking into account the provisions of the Federal Data Protection ACT applicable to the association, will be processed and used. These are the following disclosures: name, first name, contact details and bank account. Without this consent, a member can not be justified. The personal data transmitted shall be used exclusively for club purposes. This specifically includes the management of members, conducting general meetings and events of the association and the proliferation of electronic mail. Any further processing or use (e.g. transfer to third parties) without the consent of the member is not allowed.
§ 5 Admission, Withdrawal, Expulsion
- Applications for admission shall be addressed in writing to the Executive Board of ANME which decides about the admission.
- A member may withdraw from ANME only at the end of the calendar year. Written notification shall be given to the committee of ANME at least three months previously. The withdrawal notice does not relieve the member of current obligations to ANME. Any claims of the withdrawing member against ANME originating in the membership shall be excluded.
- For serious reasons, the board may approve the request for an immediate termination.
- A member may be expelled for not meeting his obligations to ANME or for jeopardizing the goals of ANME or its non-profit constitution.
- Before being expelled, the member shall be warned and be granted the opportunity to meet his obligations within a reasonable period of time.
- The right of expulsion for good cause remains unaffected.
§ 6 Member Fees
- The Extended Board decides by resolution, requiring a two-thirds majority, a regulation that stipulates the nature, amount and due date of membership fees. Upon motion of a Board member, the general assembly of members decides by a simple majority.
- The membership fees shall not exceed the funds needed for performing the proposed statutory functions of ANME.
- All members contribute fees according to the regulation.
- The application for a free associate membership may only be submitted by organizations and associations.
§ 7 Organe
The organs of ANME are:
- the Executive Board
- the Extended Board
- the General Assembly of members
The Extended Board may decide to set up further associate organs or bodies, particularly special committees. These bodies are generally dependent.
§ 8 Executive and Extended Board
1. The Executive Board of ANME consists of a minimum of four and maximum of six members:
- the president
- at least one vice-president
- the treasurer
- the secretary
2. The Extended Board of ANME consists of a minimum of five and maximum of eleven members:
- the Executive Board
- and at least one adviser
3. The President and his/her vice-presidents are the legal representatives of ANME in litigation and for all other purposes according to § 26 of the German Civil Code (BGB).
4. The Executive Board manages the affairs of the association and performs all administrative tasks not assigned to other bodies of ANME. The Executive Boards duties include in particular the following:
- to carry out the resolutions of the general assembly of members,
- to convoke and prepare the general assembly of members, directed over by the president or his vice-president,
- to keep the accounts and prepare the annual activity and financial report for each fiscal year,
- to admit members and assist with their admission according to these statutes,
- to conclude and terminate contracts and other legal relationships for ANME.
5. The Extended Board is elected for a period of three years.
6. The Extended Board may adopt its resolutions by written circulation.
7. If a director office is vacant, the Board may provisionally appoint another member to the Extended Board. The Board may also through personal union one of its members entrust the exercise of two offices.
§ 9 General Assembly of Members
1.) The general assembly of members is competent for all tasks that are not assigned to the Extended Board or other bodies of ANME. It holds the exclusive competence for the following affairs:
- receive the annual report with the activity and financial report and to give formal approval to the actions of the Executive Board,
- regulate membership dues,
- elect and remove members of the Extended Board,
- alter the statutes,
- closure of ANME.
2.) The ordinary general assembly of members is held at least once a year. An extraordinary general assembly of members is to be convoked when
- the committee decides the convocation for urgent reasons,
- 1/10 of the members demand the convocation of the Board, stating the reasons in writing.
3.) The general assembly of members is summoned by the president or his vice-president by written invitation, stating the agenda, giving at least four weeks’ notice. The annual activity report and the financial report of the Board have to be attached to this notice. The term commences the day after the invitations are sent out.
4.) The invitation is deemed to be received by the member if the Board sent it to his last known address or e-mail-address.
5.) Up to two weeks prior to the general assembly of members, any member may request in writing to supplement the agenda. Any motion proposed after that date or during the general assembly must be approved by a two-thirds-majority of the assembly.
6.) The general assembly of members is conducted by the president, in his absence by one of the vice-president and in their absence by the treasurer. If no member of the Board is present, the assembly appoints a chairman for the meeting.
7.) For the election of the Extended Board, the general assembly of members appoints an official in charge, an election worker and a recording secretary who are not members of the Extended Board. Before starting the procedure the actual number of votes must be detected.
8.) Each present individual member has one vote.
9.) Members that are organizations with up to 50 individual members, producers and foundations have one vote. To reflect the strength of organizations, organizations receive per started another 50 members one more vote to a maximum of 20 votes.
10.) Associated members have no voting rights.
11.) Members of the Extended Board will be elected one by one in the order stated in § 8 by acclamation. The right to apply for a secret ballot shall remain unaffected. The candidate who receives more than half of the valid votes cast shall be considered elected. If none of the candidates receives the required number of votes, there will be a runoff election between the two candidates who received the most votes. In the case of a tie, the returning officer of the assembly decides by drawing a lot.
12.) After the election of the members of Extended Board the cash auditor will be elected corresponding to clause 11.
13.) As a general rule, resolutions are adopted by simple majority if these statutes or regulations that are based on them do not expressly provide otherwise.
14.) The following matters can only be put to vote with a two-thirds-majority:
- Changes of these statutes, name and objective of the association (also in accordance with § 3 clause)
- Changes of the legal structure.
§ 10 Office
- ANME runs an office in order to fulfill its functions and to handle current business.
- Letters, motions to the assembly of members and to the committee and all kinds of correspondence concerning ANME, are to be sent to the office. The office is to examine all correspondence and documents as well as, if required, document and file them.
- Every member has the right to inspect the business documents of ANME at the seat of office, to make copies or have them made at cost. This right expires upon termination of membership.
- For tasks of the office and the association may be completed full-time employment.
- Travel expenses and reimbursement of expenses may be granted to the Extended Board and members under tax packages (tax code, volunteering). In addition a flat-rate daily allowance is granted. The amount is determined by the Extended Board.
§ 11 Dissolution
- The general assembly of members decides about the dissolution of ANME. The motion for the dissolution must be put on the agenda by at least 1/4 of the members no less than three months prior to a specially convoked assembly of members.
- In case of dissolution of ANME, it shall be liquidated according to §§ 47 ff. of the German Civil Code (BGB), if necessary. The committee is in charge of the liquidation. Any remaining assets are to be converted into EURO and to be donated to another acknowledged non-profit organisation in Germany.
§ 12 Board of Arbitration
A board of arbitration is elected every three years by the assembly of members. It consists of three persons who are not members of the committee. The board of arbitration may be applied to by every single member or by the Board.
§ 13 Final Provision
- The place of jurisdiction shall be Frankfurt-on-Main, Germany. This jurisdiction shall also apply to disputes about matters for which the laws of other states of the European Union or private international law provide other jurisdictions.
- The first statute of ANME has been drawn up in German, English and French. It has taken effect upon signature by the founding members.
- Any clause of the forgoing statutes which is found invalid has no effect on the validity of any other clause of the statutes.
This statute replaces the version of 20th July 2009